If you are not eligible for a Blue Light Card – Referandsave lists hundreds of offers for the general public from FREE shares to FREE £75 cash for opening a bank account in under 5 mins. Go to our homepage and check them all out – CLICK HERE
Introduction to The Blue Light Discount Card
The Blue Light Discount Card is a special card that offers discounts and deals to emergency service workers in the United Kingdom. It was launched in 2008 by the Emergency Services Discount (ESD) scheme and is now used by over 1.4 million members of the emergency services community, including police officers, firefighters, and NHS workers.
The aim of the Blue Light Discount Card is to show appreciation for the hard work and dedication of the emergency services, and to provide some financial relief for those who work in these demanding and often stressful roles. The discounts available through the scheme cover a wide range of products and services, including leisure activities, restaurants, and shops.
One of the most significant benefits of the Blue Light Discount Card is that it can help to reduce the cost of everyday expenses for emergency service workers. For example, the card can be used to save money on groceries, petrol, and other essential items. This can make a real difference to those who work long hours and are often on a tight budget.
The scheme also offers discounts on a range of leisure activities, such as theme parks, cinemas, and gym memberships. This can help emergency service workers to relax and unwind after a busy shift, without having to worry about the cost. In addition, many local businesses and independent retailers offer exclusive discounts to Blue Light Card holders, which can help to support the local economy and encourage people to shop locally.
Another important aspect of the Blue Light Discount Card is that it can help to boost morale among emergency service workers. By providing recognition and support for the vital work they do, the scheme can help to promote a sense of pride and belonging among members of the emergency services community. This can be particularly important for those who work in high-pressure roles and may face challenging situations on a daily basis.
Who is Eligible For A Blue Light Card?
To be eligible for a Blue Light Card in the UK, you must work for one of the following emergency services:
- 4×4 Response
- Ambulance Service
- Blood Bikes
- Border Force
- British Army
- Cave Rescue
- Community First Responders
- Fire Service
- Highways England Traffic Officer
- HM Armed Forces Veterans
- HM Coastguard
- HM Prison Service
- Immigration Enforcement
- Lowland Search and Rescue
- Ministry of Defence Fire Service
- Ministry of Defence Police
- Mountain Rescue
- Police Service
- Red Cross
- Reserve Armed Forces
- Royal Air Force
- Royal Marines
- Royal Navy
- Search and Rescue
- Social Care Workers
- St Andrews Ambulance
- St John Ambulance
- UK Visas and Immigration
How Do You Sign Up For The Blue Light Card?
Signing up for a Blue Light Card in the UK is a straightforward process. Here are the detailed instructions on how to apply:
- Check your eligibility: Before applying for a Blue Light Card, you need to ensure that you are eligible for the scheme. As mentioned earlier, you must work for one of the eligible emergency services or be a registered volunteer.
- Register for an account: To apply for a Blue Light Card, you need to register for an account on the Blue Light Card website or download the app on your smartphone. Click on the “Join for free” button and follow the prompts to create an account.
- Complete your application: Once you have registered for an account, you need to complete the application form. You will be asked to provide personal details such as your name, address, and email address. You will also need to upload proof of your eligibility, such as your work ID card, a payslip, or a letter from your employer.
- Verify your identity: After you have completed your application, you will receive an email from Blue Light Card to verify your identity. Follow the instructions in the email to confirm your email address and complete the verification process.
- Receive your Blue Light Card: Once your application has been approved, you will receive your Blue Light Card in the post within 7-10 working days. Alternatively, you can download the Blue Light Card app and use the digital version of your card to access discounts and offers.
- Start using your Blue Light Card: With your Blue Light Card in hand, you can start taking advantage of the discounts and offers available through the scheme. Simply show your card or digital version at participating retailers and service providers to receive your discount.
It’s important to note that the Blue Light Card is only available to those who work for eligible emergency services or registered volunteers as mentioned above.
What Types Of Discounts Are Available?
The Blue Light Card offers a wide range of discounts and offers for emergency service workers and NHS staff in the UK which are all hidden behind the Blue Light registration page and therefore you need to be a member to see what is available. Here is a comprehensive breakdown of some of the most popular offers:
- Shopping discounts: Blue Light Card holders can access discounts at a range of high street retailers, supermarkets, and online stores. Discounts can range from 5% to 20% off the total purchase price. Some of the participating retailers include Asda, Currys PC World, New Look, and Tesco.
- Travel discounts: Blue Light Card holders can access discounts on travel and transportation, including train tickets, airport parking, and car rentals. Discounts can range from 5% to 25% off the total purchase price. Some of the participating travel providers include Eurostar, National Express, and Virgin Trains.
- Leisure discounts: Blue Light Card holders can access discounts on leisure activities such as cinema tickets, theme parks, and gym memberships. Discounts can range from 10% to 50% off the total purchase price. Some of the participating leisure providers include Cineworld, PureGym, and Thorpe Park.
- Food and drink discounts: Blue Light Card holders can access discounts on food and drink at a range of restaurants and cafes. Discounts can range from 10% to 25% off the total bill. Some of the participating restaurants include Bella Italia, Café Rouge, and Prezzo.
- Health and beauty discounts: Blue Light Card holders can access discounts on health and beauty products and services, including gym memberships, spa treatments, and beauty products. Discounts can range from 5% to 25% off the total purchase price. Some of the participating health and beauty providers include Holland & Barrett, Nuffield Health, and Superdrug.
- Home and garden discounts: Blue Light Card holders can access discounts on home and garden products, including furniture, appliances, and DIY supplies. Discounts can range from 5% to 20% off the total purchase price. Some of the participating home and garden retailers include B&Q, DFS, and Wickes.
- Technology discounts: Blue Light Card holders can access discounts on technology products, including laptops, smartphones, and gaming consoles. Discounts can range from 5% to 20% off the total purchase price. Some of the participating technology retailers include Apple, HP, and Microsoft.
A List Of ‘Some’ Of The Brands Who Offer Discounts/Offers
Note there are over 15000 offers/savings for Blue Light Card holders and we cannot list them all – but here are some of the main brands available.
Blue Light Card Restaurants and Food & Drink Discounts
- Bella Italia
- Cafe Nero
- Cafe Rouge
- Craft Gin Club
- Dobbies Restaurants
- Dominos Pizza – see how to claim
- Hungry Horse
- Just Eat
- Krispy Kreme
- Naked Wines
- Hotel Chocolat
- Marks & Spencer
- Mindful Chef
- Pizza Hut
- Rave Coffee
- Seed and Bean
- Simply Cook
- Toby Carvery
- Virgin Wines
- Wee Sweetie Shop
- Welcome Break
Blue Light Card Clothing Discounts
- Dorothy Perkins
- Fat Face
- Foot Asylum
- Foot Locker
- George at Asda
- Go Outdoors
- JD Sports
- JD Williams
- JoJo Maman Bebe
- Look Fantastic
- New Look
- The Perfume Shop
- Pretty Little Thing
- River Island
- Simply Be
- Sports Direct
- Sunglass Hut
- Ted Bake
- Under Armour
- Urban Outfitters
- Vision Express
Blue Light Card Health & Beauty Discounts
- Beauty Works
- Beauty Expert
- Best Gym Equipment
- The Body Shop
- Cult Beauty
- Ernest Jones
- MAC Cosmetics
- Nuffield Health
- Oral B
- Perfume Direct
- Revolution Beauty
- Simba Sleep
Blue Light Card Travel Discounts
- Alton Towers
- Disney Florida
- Disney Paris
- Forest Holidays
- Haven Holidays
- Holiday Extras
- Parkdean Resorts
- P&O Cruises
- Royal Caribbean Holiday
Blue Light Card Electrical Discounts
- Beats by Dr. Dre
- Daewoo Electricals
- Hewlett Packard
- LED Hut
- Morphy Richards
- Music Magpie
- Ninja Kitchen
- Philips Hue
- Rewards Mobile
- Richer Sounds
- Russell Hobs
- Shark Clean
- Sky TV
- Three Mobile
- Virgin Media
How Do You Use/Activate Your Blue Light Discount?
To use your Blue Light Card discount online, follow these general steps:
- Locate an online retailer or service provider that offers discounts for Blue Light Card holders.
- Check the details of the discount offer on the Blue Light Card website or app, including any terms and conditions that may apply.
- Make sure you have your Blue Light Card number or the relevant discount code.
- Add the items you want to purchase to your online shopping cart.
- Proceed to the checkout and look for the option to apply a discount code.
- Enter your Blue Light Card number or discount code and apply it.
- The discount should be applied to your purchase if it is eligible for the offer.
To use your Blue Light Card discount in person, follow these steps:
- Locate a retailer or service provider that offers discounts for Blue Light Card holders.
- Check the details of the discount offer on the Blue Light Card website or app, including any terms and conditions that may apply.
- Make sure you have your physical Blue Light Card with you.
- When you are ready to make a purchase, present your Blue Light Card to the cashier or staff member.
- The staff member will apply the discount to your purchase if it is eligible for the offer.
In some cases, you may be required to provide additional identification to prove that you are eligible for the discount. For example, NHS employees may be asked to show their NHS ID card along with their Blue Light Card. Always check the terms and conditions of each offer to avoid disappointment.
What Are Blue Light Member Days And When Are They?
Each year, individuals with the Blue Light Card have the opportunity to participate in a Member Day event that typically occurs over a weekend. This event takes place at a large theme park that is not open to the general public and provides significantly reduced admission prices. Here are the details for the Blue Light Member Days in 2023:
- March 11, 12, 18, and 19
- November 4, 5, 11, and 26
- Alton Towers Resort
- LEGOLAND Windsor Resort
- Chessington World of Adventures Resort
- THORPE PARK Resort
- £19 – £23 per person
- Exclusively priced tickets
- Complimentary parking
- 20% off selected food and drink vendors
- Discounted rates on resort hotel bookings, subject to availability
To book your tickets for Blue Light Member Days, please visit the Blue Light Card website and find out which dates apply to which locations.
Here are some additional details about the Blue Light Member Days:
- Tickets are limited, so book early to avoid disappointment.
- Member Days are a great way to save money on a family day out.
- The attractions will be closed to the general public, so you can enjoy shorter queues and faster services.
How Much Does It Cost To Get A Blue Light Card?
The Blue Light Card does involve a fee, though it is relatively inexpensive considering the benefits provided.
For a two-year membership, the fee is only £4.99 which you will easily get back with the number of amazing discounts available on the platform.
Blue Light Card – Get Discount Giftcards
The Blue Light Card scheme offers its members access to discounted gift cards, which can be purchased directly through their website. These gift cards provide additional savings on top of the regular discounts and offers available to Blue Light Card holders.
The discounted gift cards are available from a range of popular retailers, including Amazon, Tesco, Sainsbury’s, and many more. The discounts on these gift cards can vary, but they typically range from 3% to 10% off the face value of the gift card.
To purchase a discounted gift card, members can log in to their Blue Light Card account and browse the available offers. They can then select the gift card they wish to purchase and complete the transaction online. The gift card will then be delivered either by email or by post, depending on the retailer and the member’s preference.
Discounted gift cards can be a great way for Blue Light Card members to save even more money on their everyday purchases or to use as gifts for family and friends. They are also an excellent way to support the scheme’s partner retailers and service providers.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the Blue Light Card?
The Blue Light Card is a discount scheme for emergency service workers, NHS employees, and armed forces personnel in the UK. It provides discounts on a range of products and services from various retailers and service providers.
- Who is eligible for a Blue Light Card?
Emergency service workers, NHS employees, and armed forces personnel are eligible for a Blue Light Card.
- What benefits does the Blue Light Card offer?
The Blue Light Card provides discounts on a range of products and services, including shopping, travel, entertainment, and dining.
- How much does the Blue Light Card cost?
The Blue Light Card costs £4.99 for a two-year membership.
- How do I sign up for a Blue Light Card?
To sign up for a Blue Light Card, you must first verify your eligibility through the Blue Light Card website. Once verified, you can then create an account and purchase your card online.
- Can I use my Blue Light Card in conjunction with other offers or promotions?
In some cases, you may be able to use your Blue Light Card in conjunction with other offers or promotions. However, it is always best to check the terms and conditions of the offer before making a purchase.
- Are there any restrictions on how I can use my Blue Light Card?
Some discounts may have restrictions on how they can be used, such as a minimum spend or specific terms and conditions. It is always best to check the details of each offer before making a purchase.
- How long does my Blue Light Card membership last?
Your Blue Light Card membership lasts for two years from the date of purchase.
- Can I renew my Blue Light Card membership?
Yes, you can renew your Blue Light Card membership online before it expires.
- What happens if I lose my Blue Light Card?
If you lose your Blue Light Card, you can request a replacement card by contacting Blue Light Card customer service.
- Can I get a refund for my Blue Light Card?
No, Blue Light Card memberships are non-refundable.
- What retailers and service providers offer discounts through the Blue Light Card scheme?
There are hundreds of retailers and service providers that offer discounts through the Blue Light Card scheme, including Amazon, Tesco, Pizza Express, and many more.
- Are there any additional discounts available exclusively to Blue Light Card holders?
Yes, there are some discounts that are only available to Blue Light Card holders. These can be found on the Blue Light Card website.
- How often are Blue Light Member Days held and how do I attend?
Blue Light Member Days are held annually and provide exclusive access to a theme park for Blue Light Card holders. Information on how to attend can be found on the Blue Light Card website.
- Can I use my Blue Light Card outside of the UK?
No, the Blue Light Card is only valid for use in the UK.